For those readers who read the story on this site, I created this page to be able to follow the changes as I edit the chapters. Plus, it looks cool and it feels good to list all the things that I’ve been working on.
If I underline a chapter’s name, it means that the changelog entry might contain spoilers.
- 27/10/2017 Removed Changelog from the menu, because I got tired of updating it.
- 26/10/2017 Chapter 2.9: hinted that Randel had been bullied in the past.
- 23/10/2017 Chapter 2.6 and onward: MAJOR change: Simon dies.
- 22/10/2017 Chapter 2.5: Devi’s conversation with Randel slightly changed. Chapter 2.7 less bloody and gruesome.
- 16/10/2017 Chapter 2.4: clocks aren’t rare occurrence anymore, Bolob have hooves instead of T-shaped feet.
- 28/09/2017 Restructured the first Arc, extending it by three chapters. I also switched the position of those three chapters and the three interludes. Renamed all of the chapters, choosing a new naming convention.
- 13/09/2017 Throat Slash –> Throat Opener
- 26/08/2017 cool down –> cooldown
- 22/08/2017 Modifications from Chapter 1.7 and onwards: Changed the Sylven male/female ratio from 20:1 to 10:1.
- 14/08/2017 Modified Interlude 3: Mist doesn’t erupt from the body if Soul Eater does the killing blow. Also clarified a few sentences about how the prototype affects the Player.
- 12/08/2017 Decided to take out previous “Published Chapter” notes from this Changelog, since it’s not the original purpose of this page. Only actual changes to the already written story remain.
- 12/08/2017 There is a bit of inconsistency how I write the Quest Log menu point. Sometimes it has capital letters, sometimes not, other times it appears simply as Quests. The same goes for Quest vs. quest entries. I’ll try to eliminate these (Quest Log for the menu, quest for the entries) but it’s too all over the place so it would take some work.
- 14/07/2017 Big Chapter 1.10 changes! I revised the Morph Abilities. It felt forced that Randel and co. didn’t see the Morph Meter filling up only because it had so wast capacity. That’s why I changed it so that it only begins to fill once they have a Morph Ability ‘slotted’. This also makes more sense, because this way the M.A. itself defines the max capacity – so that it cannot be abused. Staying in mutated form for several days (if you saved up enough Essence) wouldn’t have been too healthy! I also limit the maximum number of M.A.s installed to 1. This way there won’t be conflicting M.A.s, like goat legs and cheetah legs at the same time. As a result, I will write into the story cheaper M.A.s too. More people will be able to afford Morph Abilities, but there will be tiers (T1-T2-T3) for the different price (and effect) categories.
Procedure for getting M.A.s isn’t hinted in this version. However, they talk about Minor Abilities (was not included before).
- 04/07/2017 In Interlude 1, I realized that I left out the reason why Dana wants to find the wolf’s body, corrected this mistake.
- 03/07/2017 Noticed that I capitalize first letters a bit too often. Don’t want to go back and change every Ability to ability, but for now Messenger/Guard Golems should be messenger/guard golems, and more may follow in the future.
- 27/06/2017 Chapter 1.10 changes: expanded the last dialogue, Randel now knows for sure that his money comes from his popularity. Also added a few more lines to make more clear why Jaks agrees to help. Randel now warns Imaya and Devi’lynn not to talk too much. Jaice makes a comment about knowing a few Sylven words.
- 23/06/2017 Revised Chapter 1.9. No major changes, just tidied it up a bit. Pacing remained to be still a bit rushed, but chapter is long enough as it is, so I decided not to expand it even further.
- 22/06/2017 Revised Chapter 1.8. Mentioned that the collar indicates where the Player is injured. Added a Thardos corpse into the observatory – now it makes more sense why the spiders were in there. Made Nallo’s fight scene a bit more clear.
- 12/06/2017 Relocated a good chunk from the beginning of Chapter 1.9 to the end of Chapter 1.8 (about 1900 words). It’s now way longer than my usual chapters, but I have a suspicion that Ch. 1.9 and 1.10 will be longer as well.
- 09/06/2017 Changed a part in Chapter 1.8 where Nallo talks about the barrier blocking the way. He now says that they didn’t know it was there.
- 31/05/2017 Chapter 1.6 changes: Nosy still hasn’t learned how to hold a dagger in his mouth. Randel throws the dagger into the cave instead.
- 28/05/2017 Modified Chapter 1.6. Added a part where Ran’del gives his short sword to Teva’ryn. Extra commentary about weapon skills added. Devi’lynn is no longer claustrophobic, modified the end of the chapter accordingly. Removed the Sylven ‘tradition’ that women cannot initiate conversations with other men. Removed the mentioning of the ‘trinius’ legend, making Teva’ryn refer to the giants simply as octopuses.
- 26/05/2017 Revised Chapter 1.1. The essence of it basically remained the same, but I added and/or changed a few scenes. I wanted to express the personalities of the characters better, so that any future reader would have a more definite image of them, right from the start.
- 23/05/2017 Reviewed the rest of Chapter 1.4, corrected a few errors, and improved the style. The most important change is that Randel doesn’t actually feel anything from Soul Eater, instead it makes him feel certain emotions. I also removed the part where Stabby gets embedded in the smuggler’s forearm, as it was a bit over-the-top.
Published chapter on RRL.
- 22/05/2017 Revised the whole first part of Chapter 1.4. I felt that the narration was a little bit all over the place, so I rewrote, removed, or added certain paragraphs. Most important change is that Randel doesn’t talk about the Emperor’s Mage Circle anymore, which would be revealed at a later point.
- 21/05/2017 The name of Nosy’s species has been changed from tacmot to toleco.
- 20/05/2017 Reread Chapter 1.3 once again and published it on RRL. Corrected a few grammatical errors, revised a few paragraphs to make the narration flow more naturally. Teva’ryn following Randel partway to the caravan didn’t serve any purpose, so it had been removed.
- 19/05/2017 Randel doesn’t shorten Devi’lynn’s and Teva’ryn’s name anymore, not even while narrating. The paragraph in the first chapter where he wonders whether he should do it remains intact.
- 19/05/2017 Created the Changelog.